Neverwinter Unblogged’s class hubs are your number one destination for all relevant builds and resources! We constantly maintain this page to make sure all links are updated and contain valid info. We hope this collection of links, spreadsheets and builds will help new players starting the class as well as add valuable hints to the endgame community. If you feel anything is missing or outdated, make sure to contact us! You can also submit you own builds and whatnot, but please provide detailed and well-reasoned info why you think you should be listed here.
First of all, please note that all links and resources here are class specific and might require common knowledge of the game. If you’re brand-new, you definitely want to check the “Guides -> New Players” section in the main menu first. Also, general resources and theorycrafting useful for most classes can be found under “Tools & Resources” and are normally not re-listed here.
So you probably came here because you want to play a CW, eh? Well that’s great, because no matter whether you want to just copy a build or seek more information than the casual crowd, the links below are a great way to start!
This is a compilation of links and resources that help in very basic areas of class and character management.
- The official Neverwinter Wiki has all the basic information of what classes and races are available in Neverwinter.
- When adding a new character in the game, Neverwinter unfortunately does a bad job educating players what bonuses ability scores come with and what distributions are possible. The wiki has all the relevant info here as well.
For those that just want a viable build, here you go. Just do what those guys did and you should be fine.
- The most extensive and state-of-the-art DPS build for PVE Wizards should be Sharpedge’s writeup.
- [Mod 12] Another solid and “bis” build comes from Sacramentum. He also got the nod from CW guru Sharpedge. That counts for something.
- A Guide to Wizardry is a third solid write-up with the approval of Sharpedge!
- [Mod 12] Player Voodoo has dedicated a full website to the Master of Flame buffing playstyle. It doesn’t seem to have been updated to Module 13, but not a lot has changed.
- Nevermind, there is actually a Module 13 write-up by Voodoo. It can be found here.
- The Control Wizard is a very popular class and hence there are tons of builds out there. We highly recommend the stuff listed above, but here’s a list of updated, but unrated, builds as well:
- CW MOD13 2xBuilds Ss/Rene (AOE) Mof/Rene (Single Target) => no commentary at all
- M13 CW PvE (MoF Oppressor) by Чёрный Кот => it’s in Russian, but you should be able to figure out the gear and such. It’s a MoF Oppressor single target DPS build
- Neverwinter-Control Wizard-DPS build-mod 13-(Commentary)
- [Mod 12] Neverwinter: Control Wizard Pure DPS build (mod 12) by FNHUSA57
- [Mod 12] Neverwinter: CW PvE Build HDPS [MOD12b] by Mr Charles
Multiple sites offer great tools to help building your character.
- A gear ratings simulator is hosted by Neverwinter Uncensored and is updated for Module 13. Please note that you can only save characters if you’re logged in on our message board.
- [Outdated – June 2016] For Feats and Powers, the current way to go is nwcalc.com. It’s still accurate for the current version of the game. The only way it’s labeled as outdated is because tooltips might not represent the current state of the game.
- For other tools, look up the “tools” tab in the blog’s main menu.
Theorycrafting and resources for dedicated players that do want to know why they are spamming certain buttons. If you haven’t played the class for a while, you probably won’t understand most of the following topics.
- If you haven’t read Sharpedge’s mechanics guide, you don’t really know the class. It’s the reference for all things Control Wizard and usually updated every mod.
- Sharpedge also appeared on a podcast with Nova to talk about mod 13 changes.
- Module 13 State of Balance: Control Wizard is an evaluation of the state of the class in the current PVE meta.
- [Outdated, Salute] This is a list of former theorycrafters for the CW class. Wherever you are, thanks a ton!
As always communities form around certain classes in MMOs. Neverwinter is no different and here are some places to talk.
- The Neverwinter Control Wizards is a fairly active Facebook group.
- This tab was meant to list stuff relevant for PVP, but despite asking around we weren’t able to dig something up. If you can help out, let us know!
- [Outdated] One public resource is Gankdalf’s Icehole build, which unfortunately is no longer viable.
- [Outdated] The PVP Control Wizard (Mod 11.5)
- There’s also this video which seems to show off a PVP build. But without commentary it’s not super helpful.
This tab contains gameplay videos, solo runs and fun stuff from the CW community. Some of it shows current gameplay, other stuff is historic and listed here to acknowledge the achievements.
- Neverwinter PC Tomb of the Nine Gods Control Wizard m12b by Soup CW
- Mod 12,5 TONG 2 bosses FULL BURN with Control Wizard (CW) by Number two
- Neverwinter PC Fangbreaker Island Control Wizard M12 by Soup CW
- NEVERWINTER MOD 12a SOLO CONTROL WIZARD (CW) KESSEL’S RETREAT by Number two
- Neverwinter: Solo Malabog’s Castle – Mof Control Wizard (No Commentary Montage) by Nova
- [Neverwinter] Control Wizard Basics by Kripparrian
- Neverwinter: Castle Never – Control Wizard Solo run Mod 2
- [PVP back in the day] Meatball – The Control Wizard
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 40,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.