As you might know Neverwinter is a free-2-play game. If you want to play it casually, you’re good to go. But what happens when you want to buy something from the cash shop? Are there items that really help your progression. What is useless tosh? And what’s even a scam? My guide should help you to figure it out. What’s really worth its money?
There you have it, we are done. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!
I hope you feel punked. Because that’s exactly the vibe I’m getting from Neverwinter’s cash shop, also called the ZEN market. A lot of items are ludicrous overpriced, utterly useless and some are only there because of a lackluster grind system that makes them worth buying.
The Adventurer’s Scammer Pack
One Zen-Market item I consider a scam is the Adventurer’s Helper Pack. It costs 1,500 Zen, ~15 dollar, and offers nothing of value. Let’s look at its contents:
- The Profession Kits are useless. Profession nodes are hardly worth running after several nerfs and even if, the kits are available for gold.
- Same goes for the Injury Kits.
- Altars and Identification Scrolls drop like insane and are otherwise dirt cheap to buy in the Auction House.
- The XP Scroll is a joke. From level 1 to 70 you need over 7 Million XP. 25% XP boost for 10,000 XP is literally nothing.
- Scrolls of Life? It’s rarely used by the community because if you die, most of the time the group wipes anyway and you must start over.
- The Greater Healing Stone can be bought for a fraction of the packs’ price in the Auction House (around 300 ZEN or less on PC) and his little brother the regular Healing Stone is available in the Trade Bar Store. Don’t get me wrong, Healing Stones are handy. But healing is a non-issue in endgame content. We want buffer and debuffer DCs to make runs faster for a reason. The incoming damage in Neverwinter is either tickling or one-shotting. There are hardly situation in which potions could be utilized.
That simply means the whole 15 dollar pack is a scam. You need nothing in it, it doesn’t even really help you with anything despite losing money. The Adventurer’s Helper Pack is the definition of an utterly worthless cash shop item.
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 40,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.