Last week we reported that Cryptic / PWE is looking to add at least one volunteer moderator to their team. In our article we lined out that the job can be stressful, thankless, and comes with little to no benefits. So naturally most players will be hesitant to apply especially since mods tend to build a bad reputation within the community. At the same time however mods are an integral part of Cryptic’s community management.
CM Julia doesn’t even remotely have enough time to handle all the requests and tasks that come up on a daily basis. So the mods are used to forward urgent issues, collect feedback, and provide common game guidance. They are basically expected to cover both support and community tasks full-time without getting paid at all. On top of that being a moderator isn’t even the best way to serve the community at the moment. You add little useful stuff yourself and even risk doing the opposite while enforcing the harsh restrictions on the official platforms.
That’s why we’d like to know from you what could make being a community moderator a bit more enticing? Is it adjusting the rules so the mods do not clash with players as much? Or even hand out some sort of payment?
What Could Make Being a Community Moderator More Enticing?
- Just pay mods. They enforce official PWE rules, so they should be employees. (31%, 63 Votes)
- Nothing could really make me moderate for PWE/Cryptic. (19%, 38 Votes)
- Soften the official rules so mods do not clash with the community as much. (16%, 32 Votes)
- The CM has to be much more accessible to help keep mods out of the line of fire. (12%, 24 Votes)
- There should be one "mod" account that all team members use. The anonymity should protect individuals from getting targeted specifically based on their mod activity. (11%, 23 Votes)
- Helping out the game is enough incentive. You don't really need anything else! (10%, 21 Votes)
Total Voters: 201
Share your opinion by taking part in our poll! You can also detail your thoughts on our social channels, in the comments below, or the corresponding thread on our message board! Also, here are the results of last week’s poll, in which we wanted to know whether or not you still like the “Weekly Haul” campaign progression system.
Have You Seen Enough of the Weekly Haul Campaign Progression System?
- Absolutely not! I hope it stays for good! (36%, 194 Votes)
- Not opposed, but Ravenloft should have gotten something fresh because of its unique setting. (31%, 166 Votes)
- Yes, Never liked it, never will! (17%, 94 Votes)
- Kinda. It was cool for three mods, but let's move on! (16%, 85 Votes)
Total Voters: 539
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 40,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.