Welcome to the latest installment of our Bag of Tricks! On some days you will find useful tricks, gimmicks and ideas here that can make life in Neverwinter Online easier. Some of the stuff should be well known, but since even veterans learn something new every now and then, chance is you can, too.
We’re back with one of our patented “cheat sheets” and pretty sure you’re going to like this one! Our little helper can assist you with some data around campaign lengths and the Patronage System. Here are some questions that you can answer with the sheet:
- For which campaigns does it make most sense to buy a campaign completion?
- I already completed some tasks in a campaign. Is the Patronage Token still beneficial?
- What are the easiest/hardest campaigns to complete?
- How are completion times changing when I play 3, 5 or 7 days per week?
- How much Voninblod do I need to farm in the Storm Kings Thunder campaign to keep pace?
As always please do not request access to use the sheet. Instead download it or save a copy in your own Google Drive (File -> Make a Copy).
Completion Times on Days
With just a few inputs, the “Overview” shows you the completion time in days of all campaigns based on the number of days per week that you can play. You may further exclude certain tasks that you don’t need or already have completed.
Underdark and Storm Kings Thunder are different than the rest since they feature uncapped farm currencies. Most players are probably interested in knowing how much Faerzress and Voninblod they need to farm to keep pace. The sheet would have been able to automatically calculate that, but that would have been based on the assumption that indeed everyone is able to farm the necessary amount. Because we wanted to cover all situations, the farm currencies are a user input instead. This makes it a bit try and error to find the lowest possible values that do not extend the campaign length, but that way you can also sort out how much longer a campaign is going to take if you farm less than the optimal amount.
Using the preset parameters, Storm Kings Thunder leads the way with 105 days. Tyranny of Dragons and the Cloaked Ascendancy require 75 days, and Jungles of Chult 60. The older campaigns are not nearly as grindy with Dread Ring being the fastest to complete (27 days).
It’s a great tool to figure how to approach campaign completion. You could start with the easy ones to get your first set of boons relatively easy. Or with the longer ones to get those out of the way. This should also make it easier to decide which campaigns are worth buying out.
Speaking of acceleration, the sheet also lists the completion times using the Patronage Tokens and the numbers of days saved. This already includes the amount of time necessary to farm the Patronage Token itself. Obviously the Tomb of Annihilation does not have a Patronage Token yet. So there’s nothing to calculate despite its length.
Some random observation, which mostly have been covered in our initial guide about the Patronage System:
- If you’re thinking about buying a ZEN campaign buyout, it’s gotta be Storm Kings Thunder. It’s by far the longest campaign of the game.
- Dread Ring does not benefit from the Patronage System at all since Thayan Ciphers aren’t halved.
- Underdark only benefits from the Patronage System if you’re unable to farm 200 Faerzress per day. Otherwise the bottleneck is the task duration which can’t be reduced.
- The best campaigns for the Patronage System are Tyranny of Dragons, Cloaked Ascendancy, Storm Kings Thunder and Maze Engine.
- Icewind Dale and Sharandar also profit from the Patronage System, but are not too long anyway.
As always please make sure to report faulty values or other flaws of the sheet!
Bag of Tricks Vol. 69: The Companion Upgrade Token Pack Makes No Sense
Bag of Tricks Vol. 70: Turn off High Detail Objects in Chult
Bag of Tricks Vol. 71: Data/Sheets on Weapon Enhancements and High-End Group Min/Maxing
Bag of Tricks Vol. 72: Hero’s Accord vs Other Activities
Bag of Tricks Vol. 73: Artifact Power Reference
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 40,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.