In this week’s poll we’d like to pick up a hot-ish topic we saw popping up on Twitter. A user complained that a guild leader wants all members to buy a ZEN pack as “activity check”. It certainly feels like a made-up argument (why not just send a mail as ping back?), but more than that raises the question whether or not guild leaders should be allowed to demand real-money purchases for the guild.
@NeverwinterGame Guild Master is threatening to kick any member that doesnt buy a chest from the zen market by the end of the month. isnt there anything in the TOS or something? this is just awful… pic.twitter.com/WI5XO0X2LE
— GrizzlyWookie (@GrizzlyWooky) October 11, 2018
This isn’t as uncommon as you might think. In the earlier days of Strongholds many ambitious endgame guilds wanted ZEN packs as buy-in. Others even required a monthly donation, or you would get kicked. It by the way isn’t against the terms of service as GrizzlyWookie suggests. It’s not legally wrong, just might be morally. Or is it? Share your opinion in taking part in our weekly poll! As always you can also post your opinion in the comments below, or on our message board!
Unblogged Wisdom Checks: What Type of Goods Would You Be Willing to Give up for Your Guild?
- Generally fine with stuff you can farm free-2-play. (28%, 146 Votes)
- Not willing to give up ADs, ZEN, or other premium currencies. (20%, 103 Votes)
- Not willing to give up goods that I need to progress my own character. (17%, 90 Votes)
- Taxes? TROLOOLOLOOLLOOLLO11!!!!1!!11!! (15%, 77 Votes)
- I don't mind a tax if it's reasonable. (12%, 60 Votes)
- I love my guild. Here's my account! (8%, 44 Votes)
Total Voters: 520
Last week we wanted to know whether content creators should generally be more positive to get officially supported. The results are attached below.
Should Content Creators Be More Positive About the Game to Get Officially Supported?
- Nope. The devs should be glad that their small game is extensively covered and embrace it! (32%, 126 Votes)
- Probably, but there's too much black and white thinking involved. If somebody puts out more helpful than harmful content, they should be supported. (29%, 114 Votes)
- Definitely. People can't expect support from a game they're constantly bashing. (25%, 99 Votes)
- Maybe. Positive content is better, but any coverage for the game is a plus. (13%, 50 Votes)
Total Voters: 389
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 75,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.