Neverwinter’s “Heart of Fire” is the 15th major update of the Dungeons & Dragons MMO and brings Faerun’s definitive adventuring brand to the Protector’s Enclave! “Acquisitions Incorporated” started as small podcasts of random dudes playing their favorite role-playing game, but has long grown into D&Ds biggest live show with several spin-offs. Now Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik headline the module in a lighthearted campaign and story with their characters Omin Dran and Jim Darkmagic.
Additionally “Heart of Fire” updates all kinds of events, introduces multiple new ways of experiencing old group content, completely reshuffles class balance, and overhauls old Professions into a new Workshop system. No matter whether you’re a seasoned veteran that wants to get the latest information or a new or returning players that wonders what the update might have in store, this article serves all your needs! As always we’ve compiled all relevant information and walk you through the additions and features in this article. Have fun with it!
Story and Campaign
The story in Module 15 is designed to attract new players and that’s why the campaign already picks up at level 15. It’s only the second one next to Tyranny of Dragons that can be started on lower levels and scaling content makes sure the challenge remains casual and steady throughout the quests. In a fun-first story players apply as interns at Acquisitions Incorporated’s new branch in the Protector’s Enclave and help their bosses to find the “Heart of Fire”. A brand-new event with bonus rewards makes sure new players get even more out of the latest story line. There certainly hasn’t been a better time to get into the game!
But that doesn’t mean Acquisitions Incorporated don’t have something in store for seasoned veterans. The campaign comes with a brand-new skirmish and a “hardcore” K-Team Challenge with endgame rewards! Will you impress Omin Dran or fail miserably?
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Preview: Acquisitions Incorporated Campaign
- It’s a Shame You Only Get Six Quests out of the Acquisitions Incorporated Campaign
- Neverwinter Preview: Heart of Fire Achievements
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Quality of Life Improvements
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Preview: Manycoins Bank Heist Skirmish
- List of K-Team Weekly Dungeons and Alt Promo Event Preview
The Workshop system might be the biggest system we’ve covered on Unblogged to date. It’s a full rework of the old Professions system that slowly but steadily lost viability and appeal over the years. Now all you crafters can rejoice and build up your own Workshop in Protector’s Enclave. Granted, it’s still no deeply immersive “go into the world and build stuff” crafting, but it has much more variance and possibilities than the old static Professions. Veteran players should have tons of fun figuring out new ways of utilizing the system and make profit! And new players are born into a much improved crafting experience.
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Preview: Workshop System Basics
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Workshop Vendors and Exchange System
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Workshop Artisans, Tools, and Supplements
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Workshop Crafting Products
Salvage and AD Economy Changes
Neverwinter players had to go through many economic nerfs in the past and unfortunately Module 15 adds to it. The devs majorly changed the way in which one of the major currencies, Rough Astral Diamonds, can be earned. Until Module 15, gear could be “salvaged” for a small amount of ADs. That’s no longer possible. Part of it is reasonable as the economy is easier to balance without gear and AD progression being tied to each other. But the devs also made it clear that they don’t expect players to make the same amount of currency as before. It was a designed nerf to combat the still ongoing inflation of Astral Diamonds. So players will have to find the next best way to amass wealth.
- Cryptic to Severely Nerf Rough Astral Diamond Income in Module 15
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Preview: Salvage and AD Economy Changes
- Salvage Nerf Might Look Bad for Now, but Could Turn out Decent in the Future
Module 15 comes with a complete balancing pass that affects all classes. The devs overall tried to make lesser used powers and paths more viable, but also swung the nerf hammer hard on classes that they thought were overperforming. Certain builds of Devoted Clerics are getting the boot as well as the little stabbers known as Trickster Rogues. Other than that, most classes should experience a little more choices for the roles they are trying to fill. We’re not going to lie, balance will remain an issue in the game, and the devs already announced more changes for Module 16. So the stuff that we detailed in-depth below in most cases is only a step towards the intended goal.
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Control Wizard Balance Changes
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Devoted Cleric Balance Changes
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Guardian Fighter and Oathbound Paladin Balancing Changes
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Great Weapon Fighter Balancing Changes
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Hunter Ranger Balance Changes
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Scourge Warlock Balancing Changes
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Trickster Rogue Assassination
Rewards and Premium Items
Nerfed or buffed, all classes can grab one of the new rewards that the module throws at players. Gallant Armor sets go as high as item level 600, there’s new Artifacts, Artifact Sets, Enchantments and much, much more thanks to the Workshop system. The ZEN Market as always will get updated as well with some premium goodies. And yeah, new lockboxes, who would have thought? The devs however don’t just introduce new boxes, but changed the whole reward structure to make it a little more transparent what you can get. We’ve previewed everything in the links below. So make sure to click through!
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire ZEN Market and Premium Item Additions
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Lockbox Changes and New Opportunities Lockbox Preview
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Reborn Lockbox Preview
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Preview: Full Gallant Gear Visuals and Stats
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Workshop Crafting Products
- Neverwinter Heart of Fire Datamining and Event Updates
One focus of the “Heart of Fire” was to bring old events up to speed. The devs updated old content with new rewards that will show up over the course of the module. There’s some intriguing stuff included like exclusive Enchantments, and even an Artifact Weapon set! So make sure to pay attention to upcoming event announcements much closer than you’re accustomed to!
We certainly hope our collection of previews will help you during the first days in the Heart of Fire module and beyond! Have further questions or remarks? Share them on our social channels, in the comments below, or visit our message board! And now, get to work interns!
Neverwinter UN:Blogged is always looking for writers to contribute to the blog. If you are an active player and search for a way to spread your opinions, analysis, diaries or reviews to more than 75,000 regular visitors, then don’t hesitate and get in touch with us on our contact page or message board! We are currently especially looking for console and PVP content, but that’s not exclusive. There is no frequency requirement, you post how often you want.